Paisley’s annual Sma’ Shot Day celebrations take place on the first Saturday in July.
The day begins with the popular Sma’ Shot parade, which sets off from Brodie Park at 12noon led by the Charleston Drum, before making its way through Paisley town centre to Abbey Close. Once it arrives, we’ll have the Burning of the Cork – a highlight of the Sma’ Shot Day celebrations – and brilliant live performances on the main stage.
Main stage programme for 2022 was
- Pulse FM Intro / Trade Union Speeches – 1pm to 1.15pm
- Right2Dance present Weave – 1.15pm to 1.20pm (on the grass area at Renfrewshire House before the Burning of the Cork)
- PACE Youth Theatre present Sma’ Shot Story – 1.30pm to 1.45pm
- Rockus Community Choir – 2pm (Abbey Gardens)
- Shaz Martin – 2pm to 2.30pm
- Starlight Music Theatre adult rock choir – 2.45pm to 3.30pm
- Starlight Music Theatre swing band – 3.45pm to 4.15pm
- The Well Happy Band – 4.30pm to 5pm
The historic Sma’ Shot Cottages will be open for tours. Take a trip back in time to two distinctive periods of Paisley’s rich textile history.
The Sma Shot cottages opening hours for 2022 are April to September Wednesday 12:00, 16:00 – Fridays, 13:00, 17:00 – Saturdays, 12:00, 16:00.