Current works at 13 Moss Street at the former Gee Opticians has uncovered the ghost sign of D Fairlie who was a Wines and Spirit dealer, the 1884-1912 Paisley directory and general advertiser shows the shop under ownership of Fairlie, Robert, spirit merchant.
The current address of number 13 Moss Street was previously number 9 Moss Street which was changed when the Burgh of Paisley commenced the Re-naming of Streets and Re-Numbering of Properties in January 1923, which was 100 years ago this month.
The whole building recently sold at auction for £79,000 and was described as vacant and in need of a full refurbishment due to its current condition, this was a £21,000 drop for the original sale price in March 2022.
The building is currently on the Buildings at Risk Resister for Scotland and is described as a 3 1/2 storey terraced tenement with shops to the ground floor. 4 bays wide stone facade painted with pitched slated roof over. Sash and case windows, unusual half-height attic windows over vestigial cornice.